This practical course will show you how to use Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop to create technical drawings/flats, range plans, specification sheets and collection illustration line-ups.
Creating Technical Drawing is an essential skill in the fashion industry. Technical drawings contain and present information about garments that is essential for designers, trend forecasting, pattern cutters, machinists and production teams.
By the end of the course you will develop the skills to use Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop to create your own flats, range plans and line-up illustrations.
The course includes:
- Creating flats in Adobe Illustrator, including variety of tops, shirts, dresses, jackets, coats, skirts and trousers
- Creating flats by hand
- Creating pattern and applying colour in Adobe Illustrator
- Cross platform use of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator for range plans and fashion collection illustration line-up creation
- Creating custom brushes and symbols for design details
- Creating professional presentation boards of your designs
Beginners. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required. Please note this is a fast paced course and requires students to be computer literate.
Your course place is confirmed once you have booked online or via the phone using a credit or debit card. There is no deadline for booking. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis, and all courses have a maximum number of students. We suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- A USB stick
Basic materials will be provided, and during the first class you’ll be advised regarding extra items you may wish to bring for your own use.